Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh hai there blog.

I suck at blogging.

Sorry.

Anyway, summer is droning on, it's hot as hell outside (I hate that I can actually use this term literally as it's so nasty outside), but the nice part is that my little booby-face is growing!

We're 9 months now, and my birthday recently past, putting me at 23! Not much to talk about, not much to complain about, I should really say. Student teaching starts in a mere month and a half, and am I looking forward to it? Absolutely not. Bratty kids and teachers who use the effort of young wannabe teachers is not my idea of a fun day. I thought I would have weaned LO by 1 year old, but apparently, if you don't do it yourself, your baby doesn't want to either!!! (Well at least, mine doesn't).

I don't know what I'm gonna do, I can't go back to pumping sessions at the school I'll be at because that's primarily what caused tension last time, and even though it is technically illegal to tell me that I can't pump at work, they can just make my life difficult, which they did the first time around.

The positive part is that at least he's starting to eat more solids now and so maybe he'll wean himself as I'll be away most of the day (which breaks my heart, because I can barely go three hours without him). As much of a pain as it is, I actually like breastfeeding. It makes me special from daddy or grandma, it's something he can only do with me, even if it is at 4am.

So that's going to be an annoying 3 months. I think after that's done though, I really want to get yoga certified. Teaching children and abiding by the bureaucracy that is NY schools, preparing so much work just to get criticized and potentially facing lay-offs all the time is not really my slice of pie. Instead, I'd like to work on myself with yoga, and teach some classes, if someone will take me once I do get certified. It makes me feel good and I like it. Once again this puts me as black sheep of the family because a yoga teacher isn't exactly my parents' idea of a great profession, but maybe I'll make a business of it, who knows? Open up a beautiful studio....a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment