Friday, January 21, 2011

Poor Marshmallow...

So, I'm not sure why I keep checking my posts for comments...I'm insecure!

Anyway, went to the pediatrician's yesterday with my cutie pie and it turns out the rash on his cheeks and the redness on his neck is baby eczema which really upset me. He referred me to a pedi. dermatologist and wrote out a weak steroid cream, which my parents told me not to fill, so I haven't as of yet. It seems to be going away on its own, but the doctor explained that there's something he's sensitive to - could be milk, so I just cut that out of my diet. I thought he would be gassy from milk, but thankfully he never really had bad colic, just crankiness. Never did I think that it could manifest in a rash!! I guess I should know better because I had skin allergies as a baby as well and H has had asthma since he was a kid. My mom bought some organic cream that it supposed to really help eczema and dryness, because LO has a lot of dryness on his legs and on his left arm. I wrote it off to "winter" and thought it would go away eventually, but it's not, even though I've been using Aquaphor everyday.

It also could be from my stupid self using the same blanket he uses outside under his head when he had a cold to elevate him a little bit. It helped him breathe, but caused this rash. I feel so guilty when my baby is in pain, I just wish I could make it all BETTER! He's sleeping off the last three nights today though, which I'm glad about because I've been getting up with him every other hour at night and it was killing me.

After H left to work this morning I took LO into my bed and hugged him and we slept another two hours together :)

I'm not looking forward to this weekend, at all because it's getting closer to student teaching, and I'm dreading it. How the crap am I going to leave my DS all day, every day? Props to you working mommies, I don't know HOW you do it. I have to deal with the crap from my mom now saying, "Oh you need to let him cry a little, he's too sensitive because he knows you'll be there the second he opens his mouth", "Oh I don't know what to do, he wakes up every time the phone rings"

...My solutions? Make the house phone ring tone lower. And give him more attention! I'm pretty sure her idea of attention is carrying him around on her shoulder until he passes out. I can't really imagine her really playing with him the way I do, although she does love him, and she does help me a lot.

Makes you really think, how much our mothers gave up for us to raise us. You really do only realize it once you're in the same shoes.

And now, nap? Or clean? Nap? Or clean? I think nap, although he has some mommy-relaxation radar and can detect the minute I close my eyes as that is the minute he opens his mouth and starts to cry...

2 comments:

  1. I could have sworn that I left you a comment yesterday on your motenize post! I think I said something along the lines of "well if you figure out how to do that, let me know cus I would love to make some extra cents! ;)"

    Guess not though! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you just activate "monetize" and it puts ads on your blog...

    I also just got reallllly happy seeing this comment.

    ReplyDelete